Visit the Cities of Copan, Gracias, La Esperanza and Lake Yojoa of Honduras on a 6 days and 5 nights trip.
Day 1: Arrival at San Pedro Sula Airport. Meet and greet, transfer to the Colonial city of Copan – about 3-hour drive.
Hotel: Marina Copan / Camino Maya
Day 2: After breakfast transfer to the Archaeological Site; upon arrival to the Ruins, bilingual guided tour of the Main Archaeological Site. The tour includes the Acropolis, the Ball Court, the Hieroglyphic Stairway and the Great Plaza of the Stelas; as well as the Museum of Mayan Sculpture. A masterpiece within the museum is the exact size replica of the famed Rosalila Temple, discovered in 1989.
Afternoon, horseback riding tour to Hacienda San Lucas, guided by an authentic native cowboy, starting at your hotel you will ride heading South, by crossing the Copán River you will continue to a small but interesting Archaeological Site called Los Sapos (the toads).
Day 3: After breakfast visit The Macaw Mountain Bird Park & Nature Reserve, which is an innovative tropical bird reserve in Copán Ruins that cares for rescued and endangered birds of the American tropics. Here you learn about and interact with the intelligent, colorful birds of Central America.
After lunch transfer to the city of Gracias, stopping on the way in Santa Rosa de Copan Town. Continue your trip to Gracias and check in at your hotel. Visit to the Termas del Rio Hot Springs; here you will find pleasant running water pools with diverse temperatures.
Hotel: Don Juan / Guancascos
Day 4: After breakfast, 16 km and 10 minutes from Gracias, in the department of Lempira, La Campa awaits you on the slope of a hill, protected by a line of pine-covered boulders, also, you can find the Church of St. Matthias, an impressive work of art, very well preserved, decorated with floral and religious motifs from colonial times.
Transfer to La Esperanza beautiful colonial city.
Hotel: Papa Chepe
Day 5: After breakfast transfer to the largest natural lake in Honduras. On the way, visit the wondrous Taulabé Caves Around, a network of underground caves with unusual stalactite and stalagmite formations.
There is plenty to do in this peaceful region. Birders will delight in a lake tour, which provides a special vantage point for viewing many of the several hundred birds.
Hotel: Panacam / Honduyate
Day 6: Transfer to San Pedro Sula Airport for your international flight home.
- Daily breakfast at Hotels.
- Tours and entrance fees as indicated.
- English speaking guides.
- Land transfers by a/c unit and tours as mentioned in the itinerary. Please note the vehicles might change in some destinations, due to road conditions or access needs.
- Accommodation in mentioned hotels (or similar)
- Hotel taxes
- Extras at hotels (telephone calls, room service, porterage, laundry)
- Any additional/extra tours or park fees.
- Personal and/or medical expenses.
- Any incidentals out of pocket or medical expenses. Please ensure you carry appropriate insurance, which covers all the activities in this itinerary, inherited risks, luggage protection and holiday cancellation.
- Late check-out or early check-in.
- International flights
- Departure taxes or immigration fees (to be paid at some airports or land borders)
- Any other service not mentioned in the “included” list or the itinerary
Note: This is just a quote and suggested program. If at time of booking quoted hotels are not available, similar hotels will be booked and price is subject to change.