Visit the Cities of Tegucigalpa, Comayagua, Lake Yojoa, Tela and the beautiful island of Roatan in a 9 days and 8 nights trip in Honduras.
Day 1: Arrival at Tegucigalpa Airport, transfer to the hotel. Tegucigalpa is a dynamic and vibrant city that has a bit of everything to entertain tourists.
Hotel: Clarion / Minister
Day 2: Tour around San Miguel Cathedral which is an American Baroque style building, a structure of a single 60-meter nave. The high altar, wooden, is one of the best expressions of Central American colonial religious art. Visit to El Picacho, a place of relaxation, tranquillity, but above all it's the best place with a panoramic view of the capital from the top.
Transfer to Comayagua City
Hotel: Casa Maria
Day 3: Visit the original capital of Honduras, it's pre-Columbian center noted for its older churches and the Cathedral of Comayagua, built in the 18th century, the San Sebastian Church from the 16th century, and the Church of San Francisco, which proudly displays the oldest church bells in all of America, built in 1820.
The two museums in Comayagua that stand ou: the Museum of Colonial Religious Art, used as the headquarters for the government in the 19th century and the Archaeological Museum of Comayagua.
Transfer to Lake Yojoa
Hotel: Panacam / Honduyate
Day 4: After breakfast transfer to the largest natural lake in Honduras. There is plenty to do in this peaceful region. Birders will delight in a lake tour, which provides a special vantage point for viewing many of the several hundred birds.
Transfer to the Caribbean city of Tela, on the way, visit to the Pulhapanzak Waterfalls, a 43 meter waterfall of Rio Lindo, and its cultural importance of the prehistoric settlement traces found in its surroundings. The trails go very near to the Pulhapanzak waterfall, you will get into the waterfall and behind the falling water.
Hotel: Telamar / Cesar Mariscos
Available upgrade: Indura
Day 5: After breakfast boat transfer from Tela, departure at 8:00 a.m. to Punta Sal, it is a 45-minute boat ride. You will have an hour to walk around the National Park, with the opportunity to see monkeys, spiders, and butterflies. Snorkeling (equipment included), the rest of the day you can relax and enjoy the beach. The length of the tour is from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Relaxing is guaranteed; you can have a typical Garifuna lunch at Cocalito Beach.
Hotel: La Quinta Real / Villa de Soledad
Available upgrade: Pico Bonito Lodge
Day 6: After breakfast transfer to the dock/airport for your ferry/flight to Roatan. Transfer to West Bay beach.
Hotel: Infinity Bay / Paradise Beach
Available upgrade: Grand Roatan
Day 7/8: Enjoy Roatan.
Day 9: Enjoy Roatan. Transfer to Roatan airport for your international flight home.
- Daily breakfast at Hotels.
- Tours and entrance fees as indicated.
- English speaking guides.
- Land transfers by a/c unit and tours as mentioned in the itinerary. Please note the vehicles might change in some destinations, due to road conditions or access needs.
- Accommodation in mentioned hotels (or similar)
- Hotel taxes
- Extras at hotels (telephone calls, room service, porterage, laundry)
- Any additional/extra tours or park fees.
- Personal and/or medical expenses.
- Any incidentals out of pocket or medical expenses. Please ensure you carry appropriate insurance, which covers all the activities in this itinerary, inherited risks, luggage protection and holiday cancellation.
- Late check-out or early check-in.
- International flights
- Departure taxes or immigration fees (to be paid at some airports or land borders)
- Any other service not mentioned in the “included” list or the itinerary
Note: This is just a quote and suggested program. If at time of booking quoted hotels are not available, similar hotels will be booked and price is subject to change.